Southeast Portland Little League
Little League Insurance
WARNING: Protective equipment cannot prevent all injuries a player might receive while participating in Baseball / Softball.
WHAT PARENTS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT LITTLE LEAGUE® INSURANCE
The Little League Insurance Program is designed to afford protection to all participants at the most economical cost to the local league. The Little League Player Accident Policy is an excess coverage, accident only plan, to be used as a supplement to other insurance carried under a family policy or insurance provided by parent’s employer. If there is no primary coverage, Little League insurance will provide benefits for eligible charges, up to Usual and Customary allowances for your area, after a $50.00 deductible per claim, up to the maximum stated benefits.
This plan makes it possible to offer exceptional, affordable protection with assurance to parents that adequate coverage is in force for all chartered and insured Little League approved programs and events.
If your child sustains a covered injury while taking part in a scheduled Little League Baseball or Softball game or practice, here is how the insurance works:
1. The Little League Baseball and Softball accident notification form must be completed by parents (if the claimant is under 19 years of age) and a league official and forwarded directly to Little League Headquarters within 20 days after the accident. A photocopy of the form should be made and kept by the parent/claimant. Initial medical/dental treatment must be rendered within 30 days of the Little League accident.
2. Itemized bills, including description of service, date of service, procedure and diagnosis codes for medical services/supplies and/or other documentation related to a claim for benefits are to be provided within 90 days after the accident. In no event shall such proof be furnished later than 12 months from the date the initial medical expense was incurred.
3. When other insurance is present, parents or claimant must forward copies of the Explanation of Benefits or Notice/Letter of Denial for each charge directly to Little League Headquarters, even if the charges do not exceed the deductible of the primary insurance program.
4. Policy provides benefits for eligible medical expenses incurred within 52 weeks of the accident, subject to Excess Coverage and Exclusion provisions of the plan.
5. Limited deferred medical/dental benefits may be available for necessary treatment after the 52-week time limit when:
(a) Deferred medical benefits apply when necessary treatment requiring the removal of a pin/plate, applied to transfix a bone in the year of injury, or scar tissue removal, after the 52-week time limit is required. The Company will pay the Reasonable Expense incurred, subject to the Policy’s maximum limit of $100,000 for any one injury to any one Insured. However, in no event will any benefit be paid under this provision for any expenses incurred more than 24 months from the date the injury was sustained.
(b) If the Insured incurs Injury, to sound, natural teeth and Necessary Treatment requires treatment for that Injury be postponed to a date more than 52 weeks after the injury due to, but not limited to, the physiological changes of a growing child, the Company will pay the lesser of: 1. A maximum of $1,500 or 2. Reasonable Expenses incurred for the deferred dental treatment.
Reasonable Expenses incurred for deferred dental treatment are only covered if they are incurred on or before the Insured’s 23rd birthday. Reasonable Expenses incurred for deferred root canal therapy are only covered if they are incurred within 104 weeks after the date the Injury occurs.
No payment will be made for deferred treatment unless the Physician submits written certification, within 52 weeks after the accident, that the treatment must be postponed for the above stated reasons.
Benefits are payable subject to the Excess Coverage and the Exclusions provisions of the Policy.
We hope this brief summary has been helpful in a better understanding of an important aspect of the operation of the Little League endorsed insurance program.
Click below for Claim Forms and Instructions:
Accident Claim Form
Accident Claim Form Instructions
General Liability Claim Form